October 22, 2010


The past two days have been two of the most hectic, frustrating days of this journey thus far.

I was working on some homework in the morning at the cafe'.  Tuesdays and Thursdays are busy for me because those are the days I have classes.  I received a phone call from the nurse at the IVF clinic.  She asked me to stop taking my BCP's immediately (today was supposed to be my last day anyway) and schedule an ultrasound for that day!  I was really confused and she didn't really tell me what was going on.  I was supposed to have an ultrasound NEXT Wednesday for a lining check to make sure everything looked good.  I was surprised and confused that they were suddenly pushing it up a week.  I was also very frustrated because a) I had two classes to go to still, and b) I had to drive 30 miles to go to this appt.  So I called and scheduled the appt.  The only time I could get in was 11:30.  I had class until 11 so I told them I'd be late.  It was fine.  On my way, I called J, my coordinator and asked her if she knew what was going on.  She said she did and was surprised I didn't know.  Apparently the egg donor stopped taking her birth control pills last Thursday (which was what her med schedule told her to do) and she was supposed to keep taking them until this Thursday.  So now everything is pushed up a week.  So they had to make sure my body was responding to the lupron and BCP's and that my ovaries were "quiet".

I made there a bit late (ten minutes, maybe?) and the front desk girl reluctantly "let" me check-in.  I waited in the room for 45 minutes (naked from the waist down with only a paper "sheet" to cover me)  The Dr. finally came in and introduced himself.  We got started and it looked like everything was looking how it should.  I then had to get blood drawn for the estradiol test.  By this time it was 12:45 and I had class in ten minutes.  I was not going to make it.  I missed two quizzes and was really upset.  I emailed my professor in hopes I could make them up but have not heard back.  I'm guessing no.

Well, we got the results back and everything looks good with me!  That is a huge plus!  I then spoke with R and C on the phone last night in hopes to get our travel dates nailed down.  The new plan is to go the 6th-9th.  So basically a week sooner.  They will be booking our flights, hotel, rental car, etc.  I am bringing Josh and the boys with for the trip.  We're getting very excited!

On to today.  (gosh, this is a long post!)  I got an email from R asking for our full names and birth dates for booking the flights.  Naturally I asked him what kind of flight times we're looking at.  (If you've ever traveled with kids, you know how much of a pain it is.)  We wanted to be sure we didn't have to wake up at 3 am to catch a 6am flight.  We also wanted to make sure that we wouldn't need to have layovers that would be hours long.  It seemed as though R and C were as frustrated as I was.  Since they are using their miles to pay for our flights, the flight choices were limited.  Which wasn't really a big deal, but we just wanted to try to plan around the choices and choose the best ones for us.  I could tell it was making them frustrated and uneasy, which made me frustrated and uneasy.  It seemed like no one wanted to make a decision or suggestion of what the other should do.  So finally I just made the decision and emailed it to R.  5 minutes later I got a flight confirmation email!  haha. I guess he was just waiting for us to decide.  All is good now and everything is booked, but it's sooo hard when you're trying to be so accommodating because someone else is paying for you, yet you want to have a little bit of a say in the decision.

And to top it all off, I've had a horrible headache for almost 14 hours now.  Along with a sick baby.  And homework.

Please join my pity party!  There's cake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment