November 4, 2010

On our way...

Well, we're on our way to transfer!!!  We will be leaving on Saturday and meeting C and R at the airport when our flight arrives.  The egg retrieval is TODAY and the transfer is set for Tuesday morning.  I'm more than excited!!  I will need to be on bed rest for the day of the transfer and then light bed rest the following 2 days.

I talked to R about what happens following the transfer.  I've obviously never done this before (surrogacy) but I have been pregnant and I know about what happens following conception. Ha!  From what I understand, I would be able to get a positive on a pregnancy test as early as 5 days past the transfer.  This is very exciting for anyone who knows anything about the 2WW(two week wait) and the glory of POAS(peeing on a stick). Well, I explained to R the options we had.  I could take a home pregnancy test and share the results with them immediately, OR I could just wait until the beta test two weeks after the transfer.  R said they would want to know as soon as possible, which made me very happy because I don't think I could stand waiting to POAS.  I also know that when you're a first time parent, believing a stick of plastic isn't easy.  It's more believable when confirmed by an actual doctor.  I assured R that I wouldn't tell them it was positive unless I was ABSOLUTELY SURE it was.  I've examined plenty of pee-sticks to know the difference so I am confident that it's something I can't mistake.

We also discussed WHEN to tell people.  This is where I fully submit to anything they want me to do (within reason).  When you're newly pregnant with your first child, many things go through your head.  What if it doesn't stick and I miscarry?  What if there's something wrong?  What if, what if, what if.....Your mind goes to a million places.  It's well known that the first trimester is the highest risk for miscarriage to happen therefore many people wait until the first trimester is over to tell people.  So we agreed that we wouldn't tell anyone until after the first trimester.

SO...if I don't update for a few months....you all know why! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment